Education Day 2013:
Get out your pencil and paper and jump into the annual HHF Education Day on February 23, 2013. Being part of the affected community means learning about new research and resources as well as connecting with other community members – supporting each other and finding support.
HHF, the Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC), community members, and industry partners will provide a day full of educational sessions and discussions on topics such as: the Victory for Women Campaign, managing finances related to Hemophilia; physical activity and bleeding disorders; an HTC update; advocacy, and much, much more! Participants will have an opportunity to interact with our corporate partners through a booth exhibit area and hosted lunch table topics.
When: February 23, 2013 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Where: Neal Blaisdell Center – Hawaii Suites
Education Day Schedule (See session details below.)
- 9:00 – 10:30 Registration and Expo
- 10:30 – 12:00 Keynote Speaker: Luanne Stevenson, Professional Trainer, American Management Association: Biogen Idec Hemophilia MVP Life Skills Series: Making A Great Impression & Positive Assertiveness Presenter:
- 12:00 – 1:30 Lunch and Expo
- 1:30 – 2:30 Breakout 1: Maria Perez, RN: Healthy Lifestyle Choices: the Role of Medication Adherence
- 1:30 – 2:30 Breakout 2: Henry Mead Phd: Product Safety and the Pipeline of all Products and Jean Therapy.
- 2:30 – 4:00 Keynote Speaker: TBA
- 4:15 – 5:15 Breakout 3: “Living with Hemophilia” Overview
- 4:15 – 5:15 Breakout 4: Elizabeth Stoltz: Health Insurance Basics
- 5:15 – 5:30 Wrap Up and Good-Byes
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 782-5506
Watch for many more details coming soon about sessions, kids’ programming and more!
If you are interested in volunteering to help plan this year’s Education Day please contact us at (808) 782-5506 or email@example.com.